Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Wednesday Wanderings

I understand that there is a presidential debate tonight, but I'm going to watch Ghost Hunters instead.  That's probably a metaphor for something, but I'm not in the mood to figure it out.  If Romney would come on stage and tell the world that he intends to be a one-term president; that he won't run for office while in office and that he's got the business acumen to make the hard decisions to put the country back on the right track, he'd win in a landslide.  He won't do that.

The top cop in Detroit is suspended from his job after having had an affair with a subordinate.  She found out that she'd been supplanted by a newer squeeze and decided to go all Facebook on him, putting a picture on the interwebs with her gun in her mouth.

As a gunny, I can't really tell, but I believe that's a Smith and Wesson M&P.  It looks a lot like the gun I carry every day, to include the night sights and all the little machining on the back of the slide.  Her career is pretty much over, as is his.  One old sheriff told us a long time ago, "Boys, that badge can get you a lot of women, but it doesn't take but one woman to get your badge."  Good advice for all the young cops out there.  If you are single and you ever see this chick on your contact list, don't take her out.  She's crazier than a shit-house rat.

It looks like Syria and Turkey are engaging in good old-fashioned artillery duels.  Evidently, Syria lobbed some mortar shells across the border, and Turkey retaliated with long guns.  More at WaPo.

That's enough for a Wednesday, I guess.  I've got a big jambalaya on the stove and I best tend to it.

No comments: