Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday Whoo-Hoo!

The boy got out of the hospital yesterday and has entered the recovery stage. It looks like he's going to be okay, after everything knits.

I stopped at the meat market on the way home and talked to the lady there. I told her that I loved her choice ribeyes, but those things average a pound each and that's just too damned much meat for me and Milady if I get us each a steak. She agreed that those are big ol' ribeyes, but she asked if I had tried the filet? No, I have not. I had the butcher cut me a couple of one inch filets, and they averaged just over eight ounces. That ought to be perfect. We've got potatoes and corn-on-the-cob, so I believe we're set for supper. The filets are in the fridge soaking up seasoning and we'll fire the grill when Milady gets home.

It's good when things get back to normal.

No comments: